Would you like to learn more about our school?
We'd be happy to answer any questions that you may have. Give us a call or email us at Westbrook School.
Westbrook School welcomes students from the communities of West Blue Quill, Westbrook and Aspen Gardens. This area encompasses the communities north of 23rd Avenue, south of the Whitemud Freeway, west of 119 street and east of Blackmud/Whitemud Creek.
Our designated attendance area plays a key role in determining a child's enrolment at Westbrook School. We do accept students from outside of our designated attendance but only if there is space in planned classes.
If you would like to find out more about registering your child with Edmonton Public Schools please visit www.epsb.ca
REGISTRATIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2020
Pre-Enrolment for September 2020 begins on March 9, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. and closes on April 15, 2020. Pre-enrolment applies to students currently attending an Edmonton Public School. For more information regarding pre-enrolment please visit the the following link.
Westbrook School has open boundaries, but we do have an enrolment limit.
An enrolment limit is a predetermined number of spaces available to accommodate students; it can be applied to a specific grade, program or school. Enrolment limits are established and confirmed with school principals on an annual basis, as it is up to school administration to adhere to the limits.
Schools are required to accommodate students from within their attendance areas first. In other words, if you live in our attendance area, your children will be accommodated. We will also accommodate all siblings provided the current student will still be attending Westbrook School next year. We will then accommodate as many students as possible up to the enrolment limit. What this means is that we tentatively accept all registrations until the close of pre-enrolment on April 15, 2020.
Upon registering, we will let new families who are living outside of our attendance area and interested in attending our school know that space is limited and that we may go to a random selection if we exceed our enrolment limit.
Once pre-enrolment closes on April 15, 2020, and all of our attendance area students, as well as their siblings, are placed into learning groups we will then accept "out of attendance area" students. If we have more requests than space, the families who would like to register a student who is out of our attendance area will be advised that we will be conducting a random selection. The random selection process is conducted by our District administration at the Centre for Education to ensure that all students are provided equal opportunity to attend the school or program. Where needed, random selections will be completed, and parents notified by a phone call, no later than April 23, 2020.
If your child is successful in the school’s random selection and you choose to pre-enrol them at our school, your child will not be eligible to return to their designated school for the upcoming school year if the designated school has reached their enrolment limit.
If your child is unsuccessful in the school’s random selection, they can attend their current school (if the appropriate grade is available), their designated school or any other District school with available space. Your child’s current school will work with you to discuss your options, print a Next Year Selection form indicating your second choice and ask you to sign the form.
If our school participates in the random selection process and families have been notified of the results:
- the school will now be considered full at that grade level and closed to further enrolments other than eligible students who have newly moved into the school’s attendance.
-no waiting lists are kept
We will be having an Open House for families that are new to our school on Thursday, February 20, 2020 from 6:30-7:30. It will be held in our gymnasium.
Grade 1-6 Regular Program:
- All parents who are new to our school and wish to enroll their children in our school must provide proof of address (power bill, water bill, lease agreement, mortgage document). We cannot accept a driver’s license without another proof of residence.
- Students who are not currently attending an Edmonton Public School will need to complete a registration form. When you submit your registration, you will need to provide proof of address.
- To be eligible for Kindergarten, children must be 5 years of age on or before December 31, 2020. In other words your child should have a birth date that falls between January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015.
- Proof of the child's age in the form of a birth certificate or citizenship documents must be shown at the time of registration.
- Proof of address (power bill, water bill, lease agreement, mortgage agreement). We cannot accept a driver’s license without another proof of residence)
- A completed Registration Form.
Grade 1-6 Academic Challenge Program:
Westbrook School is a designated district site for Academic Challenge programming. For a student to be included in this special needs program, he or she must meet district criteria to be identified as a Gifted and Talented learner.
For students currently attending an Edmonton Public School, please discuss your interest for this special education program with your child's current principal. For students not currently in an Edmonton Public School, please contact Westbrook School for more information.
School Supply Lists 2019/2020